Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nabil's festival of speed



Press release


Confidence behind the steering wheel may set Muhammad Nabil Jan Al Jeffri apart from his rivals


The PETRONAS MOFAZ Racing driver is bullish that the same form of optimism seen during his karting days could extend to the 2011 JK Racing Asia Series held during the Asian Festival of Speed at the Sepang International Circuit this weekend.

“I’m feeling more confident compared to the first season. In fact I’m rather very optimistic in winning the championship,” said 18 year old Nabil.

Nabil is no stranger to the go-kart scene, having won the national meet (cadet) in 2004 followed by back-to-back wins in the Asian Kart Open in 2004 and 2005. He also championed the Asia Max (2006) and settled for the 13th spot in the Rok International held in Italy a year later.

He then won the Asia Max in 2008 and managed an impressive sixth place in the World Finals, Sharm El Sheikh. Last year he raced in the Formula BMW Pacific and came out fifth.

However, Nabil is embroiled in a controversy after his Race 1 win in Sepang was questioned.

“I’m not too sure about the appeal at the moment. I am very sure I didn’t jump start.

“I’m just going to put this aside and concentrate on my next race. I’m just hoping for a lot more wins along the way,” he added.

Nabil is also prepared to play catch up if the organisers decide to penalise him over the Race 1 fiasco. Pending the decision made, Nabil is currently placed second in the standings behind Austrian Lucas Auer of Eurointernational.

“If I am disqualified then obviously my rankings will drop but I will try my best to catch up.

“I’ve been training harder this year and I am a more matured driver. I’ve gained a lot of experience racing last year and hope to drive well throughout this year.”

Nabil isn’t all about racing. During his spare time, he loves a good workout, either on the bicycle, running or simply hanging out.

So who is Nabil’s greatest rival on the tracks?

“It will be my own team mates (Hiqmar Danial, Irfan Ilyas and Freddie Ang). I believe they are better than the other drivers,” he added.

This year, the Asian Festival Of Speed, held on 28th & 29th May 2011, will feature three FIA-Sanctioned race Series, Rounds 3 to 6 of the JK Racing Asia Series, Rounds 3 & 4 of the Asian Touring Car Series and the Season Opener of the GT Asia Series.

No entrance fee is charged as the organisers continue to open the grandstand area to spectators FREE of charge! There is a special RM10 pass that allows access to the Pit-Walkabout and giving a chance to mingle with the drivers and the AFOS Angels.

PETRONAS MOFAZ Racing

Muhammad Nabil Bin Jan Al Jeffri

Date of Birth: 24 October 1993

Nationality: Malaysian

Weight: 64kg

Height: 174cm

Helmet Colour: Florescent Yellow

Year of final examinations/degree: O level 2010

Website: www.nabiljeffri.com

Racing Career Details

Year Championship/ Overall Ranking
Series Results
& Number of Wins

2004 Malaysia Champion – Cadet (Go-kart) 1

2004 Asian Kart Open Championship (Go-kart) 1

2005 Asian Kart Open Malaysia (Go-kart) 1

2006 Asia Max (Go-kart) 1

2007 Rok International, Italy (Go-kart) 13

2008 Asia Max (Go-kart) 1

2009 World Finals, Sharm EI Sheikh (Go-kart) 6

2010 Formula BMW Pacific 2010 5

1 comment:

CHE BOB said...

Saya membaca tampalan ini