Read Satwant Singh Dhaliwal's Come Clean Minister here and Jaiho's Can You Tell Us the Truth, Minister here.
My concerns are:
1. Is Shabery dealing directly with Everton FC or there's a middleman somewhere?
2. Does the discussion centre on the training stint for the Under-23 squad or a comprehensive development programme that is grassroots upwards?
3. Will the technical experts in FAM be involved in the discussion?
4. Is the staggering 1.3 million pound for the programme true?
1. I remember very well when Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said launched the Everton community project in 2005, it was conducted by a local event management company. So if Shabery deals directly with Everton, then its good.
2. I sincerely hope the plan is for a comprehensive development programme with the stint for the Under-23 team thrown into it as part of the deal.
3. I know Lim Kim Chon, FAM director of coaching, has been tasked to discuss the details with Everton. Since he's the technical expert, let him do his job.
4. Since nothing is decided, we shall wait for the official announcement.
Jaiho highlighted this:
So many other programs are held all over the country, they are starving or dying for the lack of money and funding, and find it hard to continue. Just like the Ken Barnes grassroots programme that was developing players from ages 12-17. NSC was supporting it for a few years, but has stopped now. And this programme had links with the top EPL clubs, having sent some 15 players for attachments in clubs like Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Birmingham, and Wigan.
So how many of the players are actually in the various national teams?