Friday, July 19, 2013

Herbalife's trio of ambassadors



Azizulhasni, Wee Wern and Liew Daren

Herbalife Extends its Nutrition Sponsorship to Three Star Athletes in Malaysia

MALAYSIA, Kuala Lumpur, 17 July 2013 – Global nutrition company, Herbalife today announced that it will be the nutrition sponsor of three homegrown athletes – Low Wee Wern (national squash player), Mohd Azizulhasni Awang (national cyclist) and Liew Daren (national badminton player).

The agreement continues Herbalife relationships with its sports ambassadors that first started in 2011. The agreement will see Herbalife continue to provide the sports ambassadors with right nutrition as they compete locally and outside of the country.

It includes nationwide publicity rights and various joint promotional and corporate social responsibility activities as well as sports programmes with the ambassadors. The athletes are recognized for their progress and track record in their respective sports as well as being inspiring personalities on and off the sports arena.

Mr Sridhar Rajgopalan, Sub-Regional General Manager of Herbalife Malaysia & Singapore said, “We are extremely proud to partner and support these homegrown athletes in optimizing their personal nutrition programmes as well as advocating to the wider community the importance of an active, healthy lifestyle supported by good nutrition. The occasion marks yet another important milestone not only for Herbalife in Malaysia, but also for our three Sports Ambassadors who have shown exemplary performance and progress over the years, and will continue to display high-spirited sportsmanship in the years to come.”

Low, a national squash player, reciprocated, “It is just the beginning of my squash career and there’s so much more to achieve in the future. Herbalife has supported me in my nutritional programme in the past and I am truly thankful and honoured to be part of the Herbalife team again.”

Mohd Azizulhasni Awang, a national cyclist, commended Herbalife Nutrition, “Good nutrition support is especially important for athletes like us who are constantly in training or competitions. I have been incorporating Herbalife nutrition products in my intensive training regime and am happy with how they have helped in my sports nutrition needs in order to perform better than ever, and to earn my nickname, Pocket Rocketman!”

Liew, a national badminton player and first time Herbalife Sports Ambassador, commented, “I am very excited to be part of Herbalife team. I have heard tremendous achievement stories from other Herbalife Sports Ambassadors and this appointment will surely inspire me further to not only enhance my performance on court, but also take me to greater heights in my sporting career. Thank you Herbalife!”


No comments: